POSITION AVAILABLE: WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR – AFTERNOON SHIFT
Location: St Thomas
Education: OSSD or Equivalent
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for oversight and supervision of warehouse operations and the manufacturing department for the afternoon shift.
- Manage/schedules staffing to meet the daily/weekly warehouse operational requirements
- Provides guidance and ensures adherence to operating procedures and policies
- Administers all employee related activities (including time and attendance, alerts to HR/Security for early leaves from shift) in accordance with Masco policies and the collective agreement
- Trains new employees on job responsibilities, safe work practices, and general policies & procedures
- Leads on standards of behavior within the context of Masco Canada’s conduct guideline
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly performance metrics and manages performance of the team to meet These defined standards
- Ensures product is warehoused in an organized manner.
- Ensures shipments are processed in accordance with customer requirements and Masco Canada operating procedures.
- Oversees execution of shipping/warehousing requirements, and manages Freight carriers
- Assesses and requests work orders as required from maintenance department
- Participates/Leads operational improvements in all aspects of Safety, Delivery, Quality and Cost
- Acts as a liaison with other operation departments
- Performs department checks.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on safe work practices
- Ensures Personal Protective equipment is utilized by employees as required
- Ensures compliance with company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Reports unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Reports any accidents or incidents on Parklane Online Incident Reporting system
- Ensures work areas are maintained as required by daily 5S standards
- Ensures daily 5S standards are met as posted
- Corrects any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines/key deliverables
- Emergency First Aid/CPR and AED Certification
- Experience in Shipping/Warehousing an asset
- Computer literacy required (experience in utilizing JDE and Payroll systems an asset)
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Business Management Diploma/Certificate preferred
Additional Skills / Knowledge Requirements / Other:
- Knowledgeable of the OHSA and regulations
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean principles
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.