POSITION AVAILABLE: WAREHOUSE PICKER
Location: St Thomas
Education: OSSD or Equivalent
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
To perform the duties as required in the warehouse in order to pick and pack orders for customer shipments as per the pick order. These duties are to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner ensuring the quality of the product and packaging, to performance standards.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Scan order to employee
- Open and complete orders on scan gun
- Walk through warehouse picking, scanning, and packing product for each individual order
- Apply labels on cartons Record pick ticket number on all cartons
- Deliver and load cartons onto the shipping conveyor
- Assemble cartons for packing Communicate to lead hand any inventory errors
- Communicate to lift truck operators to refill pick faces
- Rotation through various work areas and shifts
- See PDA for comprehensive list of physical and work environment demands
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies, procedures and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Participation is required in our internal responsibility system (right to know, right to refuse, right to participate)
- Follow safe work and lockout / tagout procedures as required
- Report unsafe conditions, incidents, or hazards as soon as possible to your supervisor
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Adhere to and maintain WHMIS 2015 requirements
- Annual medical surveillance may be required
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your department
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Follow all area work instructions and procedures in order to ensure quality standards are adhered to
- Report any potentially defective or damaged products or packaging to your lead / supervisor
- Follow the control of nonconforming product procedure for any defective products found in your area
- Min 1 year of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to use scanning equipment (RF guns)
- Ability to read and accurately follow work instructions, pick tickets, orders
- Knowledge of all quality related requirements for inspection
- Successful completion of all applicable pre-employment testing Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Successful completion of all testes related to the position
Additional Skills / Knowledge Requirements / Other:
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.