POSITION AVAILABLE: VALUE ENGINEERING ANALYST
Location: St Thomas
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field or Diploma/College
Reports to: Value Engineering Supervisor
The Value Engineering Analyst seeks out, designs, develops and implements product changes to reduce product costs and improve value. The position participates in (product teardowns, supplier workshops, etc.) takes responsibility for all aspects of design control on product change implementations.
Nature & Scope:
This person teams with functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance as well as with external suppliers worldwide to identify and achieve value engineering goals. The position holder is considered self-sufficient, competent and performing in a leadership role appropriate to his/her assignments.
Overall engineering department has approximately 27 persons. Total company annual net sales are approximately $200 million. The Engineering department expense budget is over $2 million annually. Value engineering activities drive annual cost reduction in the $80K to $1M range.
- Seeks out and implements product changes to reduce product costs, reduce product complexity and improve value to the customer
- Leads design coordination and control for new products and product changes
- Leads design verification and validation for new products and product changes
- Dispositions of new parts and changed parts through pilot runs, PPAP, and deviations
- Manages value engineering improvements by Design Control in company’s quality management system
- Participates in and drives value engineering activities (teardowns, supplier workshops, etc.) to reduce product costs, reduce product complexity and add value
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your department
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Project management experience is an asset
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with confidence at all levels of the organization.
- Have a thorough understanding of engineering design and manufacturing fundamentals and be able to seek out, recognize and implement product value improvements. This individual must be able to react quickly, be flexible to changing direction and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks on time.
- Experience with manufacturing processes including but not limited to: machining, brazing, buffing, plating, coating, physical vapor deposition, plastic injection molding, rubber molding, zinc die casting, brass permanent mold casting, stamping, and assembly is an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess a BS in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering Technology and have 3 or more years of product design/value engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.