POSITION AVAILABLE: SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Location: St Thomas
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
Reports to: Director of Product Management
Do you want to be responsible and accountable for the success of our product offering? Are you successful at managing cross-functional teams and able to continually deliver superior value to your customers? Do you want to be part of a team that creates and delivers amazing products within the top brands of our industry? Do you want to have a great opportunity to make an impact and have a long-lasting career with Masco? If you are a passionate and continuous learner who is capable of contributing innovative ideas and delivering exceptional experiences to your customers, we want to talk to you.
- Lead a high performing product management team providing development, coaching & support to drive business growth
- Establish the scope of the product offering in terms of price points, features and benefits within the context of the brand strategy and competitive set.
- Proactively evolve the product offering in light of business trends including consumer, customer and manufacturing.
- Ensure financial targets are met through the conception/prioritization of new product development, product management and value engineering initiatives. Serve a key role as liaison between Sales/Customers and internal product development teams.
- Manage channel and customer conflict for both pricing and product offering
- Manage the product lines within the team’s portfolios, balancing between expansion, obsolescence, cost reductions and pricing for established product lines
- Lead the team in developing and executing a 3-year product roadmap annually – focusing on on critical strategies important to the overall business
- Determine market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Understand the changing competitive landscape through continual market analysis
- Accountability for this position is in the Faucet, Showering and Bath Hardware product categories that spans several brands for both Trade and Retail channels.
- Manage new product development efforts with cross-functional New Product Development Teams
- Coordinate with Brand/Channel Marketing to effectively develop and communicate product advancements to the market
- Represent Masco in presentation of products to customers, including Retail Partners, Plumbers, Builders, Showroom Associates, Designers and Wholesalers
- Constructively challenge current thinking on processes and driving the organization towards elimination of waste ($ and time).
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your department
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or related field (or equivalent in experience) with a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in consumer goods or wholesale markets with project management experience. Solid understanding of sales and marketing strategies is a must. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Access) is required. Successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a proven facilitator and problem solver and successful track record of delivering projects on-time and within budget. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and provide meaningful insight and excel in a team based, collaborative environment. Regular travel between Masco locations, customers and market visits is required.
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.