POSITION AVAILABLE: SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Location: St Thomas, ON
Education: College or University Education (or equivalent)
Reports to: Business Intelligence Manager
Responsible for working closely with multiple teams and individuals, including subject matter experts, across a wide variety of functions (e.g. Engineering, Finance, Product Management, Sales, Operations) at various levels. To support the company’s business intelligence, data warehouse and reporting needs across all business systems which include JD Edwards, SQL Server warehouse, and Cognos BI. To derive business, system, user and data requirements, developing reports and Cognos workspaces to meet the business needs and ultimately achieve the company’s goals.
- Responsible in supporting the company’s business intelligence, data mining and reporting needs across all business systems.
- Provide analytical and technical expertise, gathering requirements and delivering versatile data models and reporting solutions.
- Deliver expert business analysis skills with a strong technical aptitude.
- Partnering with technical team experts to determine and document the optimal design (performance and recovery).
- Apply proven analytical approaches to identify errors or limitations in data and implement processes to improve data validity.
- Develop, train and support users in the use of analytic dashboards and reports.
- Collaborate with business users on the execution of larger projects.
- Assist in documentation of requirements and specifications.
- Perform other Month End and Ad Hoc reporting as requested or directed.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your dept
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Experience working with OLAP reporting tools such as Cognos, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience creating reports from centralized datasets that contribute to the company’s decision-making process.
- Solid understanding of relational database structures and strong SQL query writing capabilities.
- Experience creating or working with automated ETL pipelines.
- Experience with SSAS/SSIS.
- Experience building content and dashboards in business intelligence (Cognos BI or similar) and data visualization tools.
- Thorough knowledge of finance with a high degree of business acumen.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including potentially extended hours during month end reporting and other key times during the fiscal year
- MBA or Bachelor’s Degree (Business Admin, Computer Science, Science or Data Analytics) and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
- At least 5 – 7 years hands on experience in a senior business analyst position in a mid-sized organization (preferably an manufacturing environment)
Additional Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of various SDLC and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- JD Edwards or similar ERP experience.
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Continuous improvement approach following best practice analytic principles.
- Understanding of Project Management and Change Management principles and methodology
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel to our Mississauga location (10%)
The successful candidate:
- leads with integrity and respect
- leads with integrity and respect
- delivers results
- strong collaborator and a team player
- good at problem-solving and enjoys it
- someone who likes to learn (tasks, products, software, procedures, market information)
- able to communicate very effectively both verbally and in written communications
- a good listener
- someone who embraces new technology and it’s challenges
- able to work well independently and in a team environment
- open to and effective at taking direction
- driven to succeed
- comfortable meeting people and building relationships
- able to practice tact diplomacy when communicating with a broad range of audience
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.