Job Title: Production Planner
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Planning & Logistics
Education: O.S.S.D., College Diploma or University Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or related field
As part of the Planning Team, we are responsible for ensuring optimal levels of inventory, providing excellent customer service and maintaining above target fill rates to our customers.
Our dynamic workplace provides the opportunity to contribute in a group setting while allowing you the autonomy to showcase your knowledge and skills in the creation of meaningful and attainable schedules for the production team. Experience with our systems, product and strong analytical skills will contribute to your success!
- Coordinate short- and long-term production planning to meet or exceed fill service rate goals
- Develop and maintain production schedules for assigned departments including timely release
- Schedule integrity feasibility analysis, adjustments as required
- Monitoring quality issues that arise
- Coordinate sub-contract operations which includes all components surrounding the flow of materials to outside vendors, validating receipts of materials and troubleshooting any issues
- Conducting inventory review by monitoring levels and targets as required
- Prepare and coordinate reports including Daily Fill Rate Misses and Weekly Summary, Backorder and Aged Order
- Creating build ahead situations for peak demand periods, equipment repairs etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Production Planning, Purchasing or Inventory Control position
- Demonstrated excellence in analysis and decision-making
- Above average computer skills (Office – Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience using JD Edwards, an asset
- APICS Courses, Certification an asset
- Superior communication skills
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision
- Leadership and consensus building skills
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.