Last Updated: February 14, 2012.
MASCO CANADA LIMITED (“Masco Canada Limited,” “we”, “us”) is concerned about privacy, and wants you to be familiar with how Masco Canada Limited collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Notice Regarding Use of this Site by Children
This Site is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that children do not provide personal information through the Site.
How We Collect and Use Personal information
We will collect personal information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address and credit card number or other payment number when you voluntarily provide it to us through this Site such as when you create an account or profile, order or register a product, order literature, enter contests or incentive programs, sign up for newsletters, participate in a survey, contact customer service, or otherwise interact with this Site.
Your personal information may be used by us for all legal purposes, which may include, but are not limited to, responding to your requests, processing your transactions, notifying you of new products or product-related news, and for administrative purposes such as conducting incentive programs or tracking which parts of the Site are of interest to you.
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Masco Canada Limited such as responding to product information requests; registering products; fulfilling orders for parts, products or customer service; initiate refunds; administering contests or incentive programs; and facilitating on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs.
We may also use personal information to send you news about our products and promotions, to conduct online surveys, contests, other similar promotions or incentive programs via email, telephone or postal mail, and to notify you of special events and advertising that you might be interested in. We will only send you marketing communications with your consent.
Please see the “Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions” section below for more information on participating in such activities. Further, we may also use personal information to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. In addition, we may use the information to improve Masco Canada Limited’s online and other services, such as customer service and product support, to understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations, and to ensure that our Site is of interest to you. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users’ Site experiences and analyzing and managing our businesses. If you apply for employment with Masco Canada Limited, we may use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
This Site may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
We may also collect other information that is not personally identifiable through this Site, such as your postal code, IP address, domain name, URL, browser and operating system and a record of the Site pages you visited. This data helps us to understand traffic patterns at this Site and may be used to tailor your experience at this Site, such as showing you content including special events and advertising that you might be interested in and displaying the content according to your postal code. At times we will use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also may track browser types to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our website design.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Site may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to, for example, count users who have visited certain pages of the Site and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. We use the information received from these Pixel Tags in the aggregate for statistical analysis, among other things.
Some uses of cookies and Pixel Tags in connection with the Site may be under the control of unaffiliated third-party entities that Masco Canada Limited retains to manage certain programs and fulfill specific visitor requests. Masco Canada Limited cannot be responsible for third-party uses of cookies and Pixel Tags.
How We Share Personal information
Masco Canada Limited may share personal information collected via the Site with Affiliated Entities or other third parties as described below. You should also be aware that personal information about you may be transferred to or received by Affiliated Entities or third parties in the U.S. or in other countries, which countries may have different privacy regulations than those applicable in Canada. Masco Canada Limited, its Affiliated Entities or third parties may be required to provide courts, law enforcement agencies or other government authorities with access to your personal information. For more information please contact the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and this Site or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, hosting dealer locater sites, providing order fulfillment, conducting advertising or customer service, and administering contests or incentive programs. We may share personal information with these third parties for those business purposes. For instance, if you request a brochure, we may share personal information about you with fulfillment and management agencies to complete your request.
- Other Third Parties. With your consent, we may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties, including dealers and retailers, to permit such third parties to send to you marketing materials. If you wish to opt-out from our sharing of your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the “Choice: Opt Out” section below for information on how to opt-out.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personal information you provide in connection with sending an electronic postcard or other message to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and other Promotions. We may operate sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions through the Site that may require online registration with us or with third party sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests, raffles or other promotions. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstakes, contest, raffle and promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about Masco Canada Limited’s or a sponsor’s use or disclosure of your personal information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of personal information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
- We may share the personal information you provide in connection with sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions with third parties sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests and other promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such sweepstake, contest or other promotion.
- Assignment. We may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Masco Canada Limited’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
User Generated Content Functions
Certain pages on this Site enable users to create their own profile page or submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in such a profile page or submission may be publicly available and be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who visits the URL of the page on which you have chosen to comment, and you should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your personal, financial or other sensitive information there. Masco Canada Limited cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or if you would like to withdrawal your consent to share personal information about you collected via the Site with Affiliated Entities or other third parties for such Affiliates Entities’ or other third parties’ marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails or from such sharing by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link present at the bottom of all Masco Canada Limited emails.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personal information about you from the databases of Affiliated Entities or other third parties with which we have already shared your personal information as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such Affiliated Entities or other third parties, please contact such Affiliated Entities or other third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
Links and Third Parties’ Privacy Practices
Security of Personal information
Masco Canada Limited takes measures to protect personal information collected through this Site against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We also seek to require our Affiliated Entities and service providers to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information about you that they receive from Masco Canada Limited. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email. Note that Masco Canada Limited will not request sensitive personal information in our emails to you and you should verify the authenticity of any such request.
Retaining Personal information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Access to Personal Information
Any personal information that you provide when creating an account or profile can be accessed by logging in to your account using your login ID and password. If you believe that Masco Canada Limited has personal information about you that you cannot access through your account, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access or correction to your personal information, and we will endeavor to respond to your request within 30 days.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or how Masco Canada Limited processes your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer at: email@example.com