POSITION AVAILABLE: HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Location: St Thomas
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for a broad range of HR tasks relating to the full employment cycle. This role will collaborate with the HR team, supporting administrative components of HR Programs, employment changes and organizational initiatives. This role also supports the documentation and maintenance of processes utilized across the team. The role will also provide first line support to associates with general inquiries and help educate/interpret HR policies and practices.
- Assists and supports the hiring managers with all stages of the recruitment process including job postings, sourcing, screening all resumes/candidates, coordinating/conducting interviews, drafting offer letters
- Update job position descriptions as required to ensure they are current, accurate, and in appropriate format
- Sourcing and attracting candidates using job boards, Masco Career page, colleges and social media, including job fairs
- Provide recruiting status reports to hiring manager and VP, HR
- Coordinates selection assessments &/or testing & pre-employment process
- Preparation, posting and collection of hourly job vacancies under the guidance of the Labour Relations Manager
- Assist with the on-boarding of new employees, including new hire paperwork and initial orientation to Masco Canada
- Supports Professional Development Program by tracking and reporting on completion of Development Objectives identified on Development Plans
- Supports the Performance Review Process by collecting reviews and tracking overall performance to T.O.R. template
- Workday platform – provide guidance and train managers on input of information into Workday. Generate reports as required.
- Scheduling of required in-house training and application for grant $’s.
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Masco core values
- Administration, scheduling and communication of employee programs: service recognition awards, retirement parties, quarterly company-wide luncheons and town halls
- Update and launch of bi-annual employee engagement survey, document and communicate results
- Processes employee &/or salary changes in HRIS including merit increases, promotions, scheduled step increases and communicates changes to payroll
- Input of employee demographic information, update organization charts, department transfers, pay rate and job class changes, change notifications, training, disciplinary actions
- Processes benefits and pension enrolments &/or changes
- Communication and input of hourly employee absenteeism
- Responsible providing first line of response for general inquiries from employees for Payroll, benefits, pension and HR issues.
- Provide HR support in the areas of employee relations, performance management by coaching and providing guidance to employees and management
- Assist HR team in the resolution of conflict situations in a manner that promotes a positive, equitable and results oriented culture
- Draft and distribution of announcements, employee communications and maintenance of communication boards
- Participates in the development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures; provides interpretation as necessary; makes suggestions and recommendations on any revisions
- Prepare regular reporting of department KPIs and metrics, miscellaneous reports and memos as requested
- Identifies opportunities to streamline or automate processes to continuously improve service delivery
- Assist Health & Safety Manager with various duties
- Other duties as assigned
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your department
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Minimum 3 -5 years of HR related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), HRIS including applicant tracking system and Onboarding modules
- Previous recruiting experience
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with able to work independently
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Undergraduate Degree in related field
- Certificate in Human Resources
- Human Resources related course
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.