POSITION AVAILABLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE – CONSUMER REPRESENTATIVE
Location: St Thomas
Reports to: Consumer Services Supervisor
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely response to all inbound consumer related call and email inquiries that pertain to our Masco Canada product offering.
- Inbound Calls and Emails
- Initial point of contact for consumer-related inquiries and action pertaining to all Masco Canada product offerings.
- Inquiries include, but are not limited to, pricing, specification questions, troubleshooting, repair and installation, features and benefits, product options, proof of delivery, warranty and where to purchase.
- Assist the consumer through the administration of our warranty policies and procedures and action the request appropriately.
- Maintain a good level of understanding and knowledge of our product offering and its functions through ongoing training sessions in order to effectively answer consumers’ inquiries.
- Responsible for the timely review and follow up of all consumer related emails located in the Consumer Emails & Delta Comments folders within the general Customer Service mailbox, as well as the personal mailbox.
- Responsible for the timely review and follow up of all consumer related callbacks.
- Refer calls or emails to the Technical team as required. Escalate to a supervisor when applicable.
- Order Processing
- Entry of consumer warranty orders required as a result of an incoming call.
- Assist with the entry of consumer warranty orders from emails as time permits.
- Assist with on the job training and development of new & existing department employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions, incidents, or hazards as soon as possible to your supervisor
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your department
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Follow all area work instructions and procedures in order to ensure quality standards are adhered to
- Report any potentially defective or damaged products or packaging to your lead / supervisor
- Follow the control of nonconforming product procedure for any defective products found in your area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Positive attitude and strong work ethics
- Ability to prioritize and work without supervision
- Effective Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and computer applications
Additional Skills / Knowledge Requirements / Other:
- Excellent understanding of all Masco Canada product offerings
- Good working knowledge of JDE system
- Fluent in both oral and written French and English preferred
Only candidates with applicable experience will be selected for an interview.
Submit cover letter and resume to :
Human Resources Department
350 South Edgeware Road
St. Thomas, ON
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
At Masco Canada we are committed to a working environment that is inclusive and free of barriers, that offers equal access to opportunities based on an individual’s ability. We do this by creating a barrier free environment which encourages all employees to contribute their unique skills and insights. We encourage all diverse candidates to apply.
Masco Canada commits to providing accommodation for needs related to the grounds of the Ontario Human Rights Code, unless to do so would cause undue hardship, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s Policy on disability and the duty to accommodate. Please advise us to make sure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the recruitment process.